About Me

My photo
Hello, Welcome to my blog! My style of photography is basically 'see something interesting and snap it'. I enjoy looking for things that nobody would have seen if it wasn't for my photo rather than taking photos of something everyone can recognise and has seen before.

Wednesday 30 November 2011

My Erwin Wurm approach

I was intigued by one of the series of works by Erwin Wurm called 'Instructions on how to be politically incorrect'. In this series he sets up situations of people doing things that we would definately not do in public because they're actions that display a sense of rudeness and wrongness. I thought it would be a good idea to walk around Manchester with my camera and ask certain members of the public if I could take a photo of them doing things that they feel would be 'inappropriate'. I was confident that I would ask lots of people and get a wide range of images showing different levels of 'inappropriateness' but when I got there I became very nervous and didn't want to ask anyone. I had in mind that I would ask people of all ages and wouldn't give any influence for what actions they could do infront of the camera, this would have gave me an idea of what age groups think acts as an 'inappropriate' action. I was practicing with my friend, Adam, saying to him what I would ask the members of the public but when the time came, I was too shy and ended up not asking anyone! I even asked my friend to set me tasks to make me feel more confident throughout the day. I ended up being told to lie down flat on my back at various points in Manchester city center, I felt that much of an idiot that when I got up I felt as though I could request the most outrageous photographic poses for the public to do but it wore off too quick and I went home with no photos. I knew I needed to do the work so planned to return 2 days later on friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment