About Me

My photo
Hello, Welcome to my blog! My style of photography is basically 'see something interesting and snap it'. I enjoy looking for things that nobody would have seen if it wasn't for my photo rather than taking photos of something everyone can recognise and has seen before.

Sunday 11 December 2011

Erwin Wurm - 'Instructions for Idleness'

I looked at this series entitled 'Instructions for Idleness' by Erwin Wurm at the start of this assignment and since the first sighting, the idea has been stuck with me. These photos are of Wurm himself showing different acts of idleness which most of us do a lot of the time. I like these the text on the photos because it's telling the viewer what is happeneing in the photo in a kind of patronising way. It's as though he's telling the world that they aren't any better than he is or better than anyone else. Ive always liked the idea of expressing my dislikes of society in a visual way so was keen to do this using this approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment