About Me

My photo
Hello, Welcome to my blog! My style of photography is basically 'see something interesting and snap it'. I enjoy looking for things that nobody would have seen if it wasn't for my photo rather than taking photos of something everyone can recognise and has seen before.

Sunday 11 December 2011

My take on 'Instructions for Idleness'

I am constantly developing the idea of 'inappropriate behaviour in public' but am also very interested in other aspects of Wurms work so am still experimenting with a few of these. It's not often I find an artist of which I like the consept and look of the work they do, nevermind the fact of liking more than one series they have done but Wurm has struck me as an artist who knows what he wants to put across and does this very well. Most of his work has tints of something which I often find in my own work. I like to look at the world and produce work in a way to change something or show faults in society, just like he does. I took some photos in the style of his series of work 'Instructions for Idleness' because I like the possible reasonning behind these images he did as well as the overall look.



I set the camera on timer and ran and formed a very spontaneous position, I didn't plan any of these poses before hand so had less than 6 seconds to come up with a position and get into it. My rushed routine to capture these photos proved successful because I am happy with these photos, especially the 'have messy hair' one because of the lack of lighting and very realistic acting. These photos suggest we are a world of imperfections and it doesn't matter that this is what we are, It's ok to not look your best, it's ok to act in a selfish way sometimes, we don't always have to be the best at everything, just be who you are and do what you want within reason. People do things like ive shown in these images all the time, it shows we are all equal, nobody better, nobody worse. I hid parts of my face on purpose to show that it could have been anyone in the pictures giving them the sense that we are all the same and all do these things. As of now i'm not going to develop these photos further just because I need to focus on one series rather than every one that interests me and the other I have more ideas for another than what I do for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment